A lovely looking classic dinghy
|Hull length / waterline||3.67 / 3.35 m||Sail area||7.6 m²|
|Breadth / waterline||1.55 / 1.30 m||Outboard motor||4 hp|
|Draught||0.17 / 0.78 m||Design category / Crew||C2 / D3|
|Light weight / without rig||112 / 80 kg||Building time with kit||240 hours|
- A dinghy, able to take 1 to 3 crew, with a performing balanced lug, as the International 12 feet which has been an Olympic class.
- A “sail and oar” boat, able to sail anywhere. The moderate size makes Morbic 12 an ideal boat for frequent single handling but she is able to take a crew of 3 and is fitted with 2 rowing thwarts.
- And also a simple motorboat, with its generous transom width. A cut-out in the transom allows fitting a short-shaft outboard motor.
The small size of Morbic 12 allows such a multi-purpose use. Being light, she may be rowed easily, despite her generous breadth giving stability for sail and motor. Morbic 12 is:
- A practical boat, the flat bottom making easy hauling on the strand,
- A modern design, with clinker plywood, for easy construction by a first time home builder from the plan only,
- Simple with the pivoting and removable centreboard and minimal structure items,
- Safe with large side buoyancy tanks,
- Light and so effortless,
Several rig options.
And all that keeping the lovely looking of a classic boat.
Morbic 12 kits are marketed by the main following partners:
More than 120 Morbic 12 have been built, and several builders have made blogs: