In 2010, Clint Chase became my partner in the USA, as I was seeking for somebody able to market CNC cut kits. In 2011, Clint came in France and participated aboard my Pen-Hir to the Morbihan Week, a huge traditional boats gathering in France. In 2012, he joined “The Landing School” as a marine carpentry teacher. But in 2015 he resumes his work as builder and kit seller of small wooden boats. He also makes his own designs.
Clint is able to build most of my designs and to sell kits. He is the exclusive kit agent for Morbic 12, Ilur and Jewell. Jewell was in fact designed in cooperation with Clint. Regarding the plywood kit, he uses an NC scarf which is very effective and aesthetically pleasing, pays close attention to tolerances, and use Bryunzeel ply which I have found to be the best of the plywood available.
- He offers improved CNC plywood kits.
- He offers solid wood kits, including CNC cut parts (stem, knees, tiller, bird-mouth mast…) to save working time.
- He offers a hardware package (fittings, fasteners, lines…) to save a very long process for builders, as well as epoxy and fiberglass.
- He gives customer support during the build, as he is an experienced boatbuilder.
- He has already shipped a number of my boats now and is getting to know them well.
- He can help customers get oars, sails, trailer, etc. Everything they need!